We would like to introduce the newest member of PAR’s Sales team, Terri Sisson, EdS, our new educational assessment advisor. Terri brings a wealth of experience to PAR, with more than 20 years of experience in public schools as a licensed school psychologist and education specialist, as well as a university student instructor and supervisor.
In her national accounts role with PAR Sales, Terri will work with our largest school district customers to coordinate trainings about PAR instruments, answer questions, provide insight about how PAR instruments compare with competing assessment products, and work with districts to maximize their budgets during the ordering process.
In addition to her public school service, Terri has held several leadership positions in the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) and is a past president and president elect of the Virginia Academy of School Psychologists (VASP). She was selected as the VASP School Psychologist of the Year in 2011 and was recently awarded the 2017-18 Community Partnership Award from James Madison University for her support of JMU graduate students.
We’re happy to welcome Terri to the PAR family and we’re confident our Customers will enjoy working with her!
Forty years ago this week, Bob Smith started PAR on his kitchen table. There was just one product—scoring keys for the MMPI. Today, PAR carries approximately 500 print and digital products to help psychologists and other mental health professionals in their assessment process. Along the way, PAR has succeeded in more than just publishing quality assessment products to serve our Customers; PAR has created a culture of caring that extends to staff, our community, and the world at large. This weekend, in celebration of this milestone anniversary, PAR staff presented this video to thank Bob and Cathy Smith for everything they have done to make this a truly special place to work. We invite you to share our open letter to our founders.
This Friday, we will be closed in celebration of our 40th anniversary. In honor of four decades in the test publishing business, we present a list of things you may not know about PAR. Check back next week for a recap of our festivities!
1. PAR released its first product in 1978—scoring keys for the MMPI.
2. PAR was started on Bob and Cathy Smith’s kitchen table. That kitchen table is now in the break room of our South Building.
3. Our Customer Support team has a combined 120 years of experience, making them exceptionally well versed on all of our products.
4. PAR’s Distribution Center has a 99.99% accuracy rate, meaning you get exactly what you need, delivered when you need it.
5. We love to give back. We participate in about 50 events annually to benefit community organizations and donate time and financial support to more than 70 organizations per year.
As we celebrate, we do so knowing that our Customers have made the last 40 years possible. Thank you for your loyal support and patronage.
PAR’s University Partnership Program (UPP) is a way to help you save time and money through a concierge service meant just for universities. The UPP is dedicated to assisting you and your students as they pursue advanced degrees.
UPP offers eight essential elements, all focused on providing you support:
1) Reduce time reviewing tests. The UPP can save you valuable time by providing you with the information you need to help you decide which tests best fir your syllabus.
2) Concierge service. Our UPP specialists are dedicated specifically to the UPP program. You’ll have a single point of contact from start to finish. Consider them part of your team.
3) Training resources. We’re happy to provide PowerPoint slides for many PAR products that can be integrated into your course objectives. We also offer free online training through the PAR Training Portal.
4) Free products. Get three PAR test kits of your choice—at absolutely no charge. If you need more forms, we offer a 40% discount on reorders plus free uses on PARiConnect, our online assessment platform.
5) Discounts for students. Graduate school takes financial dedication, and PAR can lighten the load. Graduate students using PAR products in their research can apply for a 40% discount.
6) Research discounts for professors. Professors conducting research through their universities are eligible to receive a 40% discount on PAR products.
7) PAR guarantee. Our guarantee isn’t just a list of services, it’s who we are. PAR guarantees your order will be shipped the same day you order it, and if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it.
8) Best help in the business. PAR proudly offers live Customer Support. No automated menus—the phone rings and one of our UPP specialists will be on the line to help you.
For more information about joining the UPP, visit our website, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1.866.727.2884.
PAR has announced the recipient of its fourth-annual program to benefit worthy charities. “PAR has been incredibly fortunate as a company,” stated Kristin Greco, MBA, Chief Executive Officer. “Rather than sending our Customers an end-of-year gift, a few years ago, we decided to make a charitable contribution on behalf of our Customers to an organization chosen by those we serve. This is the fourth year we have done so, each year selecting a new charity to honor.”
In November, PAR mailed an end-of-year communication to select Customers, thanking them for their business and asking them to choose their favorite organization from a list as a way to acknowledge the important work they do throughout the year. Most PAR Customers are involved in psychological assessment, educational assessment, or mental health work.
Now that results have been tallied, PAR is proud to announce that on behalf of its Customers, a $5,000 donation will be made to Prevent Child Abuse America.
“We are so inspired by the work our Customers do, and Prevent Child Abuse America is doing work that is important to them,” said Greco. “It is an honor to be able to pay it forward to such a worthy organization.”
PAR prides itself on providing the best Customer Service in the industry. But this commitment was taken to a new level recently, when 56 boxes of PAR assessment products got delivered to the wrong address, meaning an afternoon of seriously heavy lifting for two PAR distribution center employees.
When Nate Cooper and Cliff Gardner realized that it would take several days of work to retag, rebill, and redeliver 1,600 pounds worth of product that ended up in the wrong location in downtown Tampa, they took matters into their own hands. Knowing our Customer was waiting on the materials, Nate and Cliff decided to jump into Cliff’s truck and drive to the location, load up the boxes, drive back across town, and hand deliver the order to the right place, even though it took more than 10 trips in an elevator.
When we say we provide the best Customer Service in the industry, we mean it!
We listened to Customer feedback and made it easier to order PARiConnect products. PARiConnect products have been integrated into their main product page, making it easier to purchase print and digital items at the same time! Simply visit the product page, click on the price list, and you can add both print and digital items to your cart easily!
If you’ve ever wanted to put a face to PAR’s amazing Customer Service, now you can! As part of PAR’s new Web site, we wanted our Customers to have a chance to become acquainted with the fantastic team behind those products you trust. Visit www.parinc.com and click on Meet the Staff at the bottom of the page. Now you can see who you’ve been placing your orders with over the phone, who packed your most recent shipment and got it to you in a flash, and the team behind creating all those assessment products you trust. You may even be able to learn a little bit about some of our team.
We want you to see the PAR team! We can’t wait to meet you! Visit Meet the Staff now!
We are so proud to share what we’ve been working on—a brand new online experience for visitors to http://www.parinc.com! Here is what you should know:
Search for products more easily! A more sophisticated site search and a Product Finder will help you locate exactly what you need!
Reorder your favorites in just a few clicks! Once you are logged in, you’ll have easy access to reorder the products you use most!
Find what you are looking for easily! A more intuitive design will guide you quickly to what you need.
View our site easily on mobile devices! An enhanced site experience awaits you on your tablet or smartphone—making it even easier to visit us on the go!
Order PARiConnect products faster! PARiConnect products are seamlessly integrated into the main product page, making it easier to order print and digital items at the same time.
Everything you loved about the PAR Web site is still here. Your account information transferred to our new site seamlessly. And one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to industry-leading Customer Service. If you do need help, our friendly Customer Support team will be here to assist.
Welcome to our new site; we’re glad you are here!