PAR is pleased to announce the release of the Feifer Assessment of Reading™ (FAR™) by Steven G. Feifer, DEd. This comprehensive test is designed to help identify specific reading disorder subtypes so clients can individualize a child’s education plan with interventions targeted to that child’s needs.
- Based on the author’s neurodevelopmental theory of reading, which maps reading disorders to specific neural pathways in different regions of the brain.
- Aids diagnosis by generating index scores for four dyslexic subtypes: dysphonetic dyslexia, surface dyslexia, mixed dyslexia, and reading comprehension deficits.
- Puts the I back in IEP by directly informing intervention decisions; helps educators develop customized learning goals and objectives.
- Features colorful, engaging, and unique item content.
- Offers norms based on a diverse standardization sample of 1,074 individuals.
- In just 15 minutes, the Screening Form can identify those who may be at risk for a reading disorder.
- Can be used by professionals qualified to diagnose reading disorders and by teachers qualified to screen students for reading difficulties, develop individualized interventions, and monitor progress.
- Includes a Fast Guide, a quick-start manual that will help you get up to speed on the FAR in minutes.
- Scoring will soon be available on PARiConnect. Free on-demand, training is coming soon to the PAR Training Portal!
For more information on the FAR, visit the product page.