The American Psychological Association’s Annual Convention starts Thursday and PAR will be there. This year’s convention is extra special to PAR as our executive chairman and founder will be honored with an award in his name—the R. Bob Smith III, PhD Psychological Assessment Award. Congratulations, Bob!
If you’ll be at the convention, please stop by the PAR booth to say hello. We’ll have samples of our products and you can take advantage of our conference discount—all orders placed at the PAR booth during APA receive 15% off plus free ground shipping!*
We look forward to meeting you at our booth!
*This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount, coupon, or special offer. Promotion may not be applied to previously placed orders.
PARiConnect isn’t just the most reliable platform in the online assessment industry, its new intuitive design and upgraded features make it the platform you enjoy using! Here are five things you should know about the updates we’ve made to make your experience even better!
1. Updated home, client, and report screens. An improved home screen offers a quick view of your most recently added clients as well as links to the most commonly used functions. For Account Supervisors, PARiConnect 3.0 offers a new page that allows you to view the entire client roster in aggregate across all clinicians. Finally, an enhanced report screen provides easy access to completed reports. This screens offers the ability to filter and sort by client name, client ID, group, report, assessment, and test date range.
2. New e-mail templates. You now have the ability to save e-mail templates for future use. This feature is available to all users with the ability to assign assessments. The ability to save a user's chosen settings for future e-mailed assessments has also been added.
3. Multi-client assessment abilities. All users will now have the ability to assign a single assessment to multiple clients at the same time. This new feature will help to accelerate the assessment process, particularly when e-mailing assessments.
4. Search for assessments. A more streamlined filter was added to the Assess page, which allows users to type in the name of a client or an assessment. Furthermore, selecting all will display all assessments and forms available on PARiConnect; selecting My Favorites will display the assessments you have selected to appear in that list.
5. Assessment filter abilities. A more streamlined filter appears on the Assess page. This allows you to view your client or group list alphabetically or by date created.
Established users can sign right in to your account to see the upgrades for yourself. All client data and inventory has transferred over seamlessly. New users can get started with 3 FREE uses. Simply sign up!
Teachers and parents have long known that when students are diagnosed with dyslexia at a young age, tailored reading interventions and accommodations can help them achieve academic success. However, until a few years ago, there were few legal mandates that defined how (or if) schools should screen for dyslexia and implement interventions. Many students with dyslexia were not being identified, and many of those students who needed help still weren’t getting it.
In 2013, only two states required universal screening for dyslexia in schools. Now, thanks in part to a push for mandatory early screening tests, teacher training, and remediation programs from the grassroots group Decoding Dyslexia, there are only five remaining states that don’t have dyslexia legislation that’s either been passed or is pending.
One of the most common elements of these laws is the implementation of universal dyslexia screening and intervention. However, dyslexia is not a one-size-fits-all reading disorder–there are different subtypes with different symptoms that require different interventions. It is important to screen all students for dyslexia—but it’s just as important to screen accurately to ensure appropriate intervention.
The Feifer Assessment of Reading (FAR) Screening Form measures phonemic awareness, rapid automatic naming, and semantic concepts and indicates risk of dyslexia in just 15 minutes.
For students who need a more comprehensive evaluation, the FAR's 15 subtests evaluate four specific subtypes of reading disorders: dysphonetic dyslexia, surface dyslexia, mixed dyslexia, and reading comprehension deficits. Dyslexia is a brain-based disorder, and the FAR uses a brain-based approach to measure the underlying cognitive and linguistic processes that support proficient reading skills and inform diagnosis. The available FAR Interpretive Report scores all subtests and includes detailed interpretations and targeted reading interventions based on the student’s age and scores.
Learn more on our free training portal and help your struggling students go FAR.
With the launch of PARiConnect 3.0, we’ve taken Customer feedback and used it to make the platform even better for you! Here are a few features that we’ve added:
Group clients to keep organized! PARiConnect allows you to create groups of clients. Organize clinicians with their own client rosters, as well.
Change labels as needed. Account settings allow you to customize the labels used throughout the system to better suit your purposes. Personalize terms like client or student, depending on your setting.
Filter your caseload easily. New filter capabilities allow you to easily search by assessment, Client ID, name, and more!
Save your favorites. Save your most-used assessments under My Favorites and quickly access the tools you use most.
We’re proud to announce the latest addition to the PAR Training Portal!
Our newest course, Overview of the PAR Trauma Suite, provides FREE training for some of PAR’s most in-demand trauma instruments. Course content includes the Trauma Symptom Checklist for Young Children (TSCYC), Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children (TSCC), TSCC and TSCYC Screening Forms, the Trauma Symptom Inventory-2 (TSI-2), and the Detailed Assessment of Posttraumatic Stress (DAPS).
Whether you are a long-time user or are considering a purchase, this course provides greater insight into each of the products. You’ll also learn when each is most appropriate for use and see examples of how they can be used for intervention.
Remember, PAR’s Training Portal is always free and includes interactive courses, videos from test authors, and supplemental materials that serve as a resource to help you to learn more about select products. To learn more about the Training Portal or register for your free account, visit the PAR Training Portal web page.
PARiConnect 3.0 is here! Now PARiConnect isn’t just the most reliable platform in the online assessment industry, its new intuitive design and upgraded features make it the platform you enjoy using!
Established users can sign right in to your account to see the upgrades for yourself. All client data and inventory has transferred over seamlessly.
New users can get started with 3 FREE uses. Simply sign up!
To learn more about PARiConnect 3.0, view an on-demand video tour now or read more about the new features.
We can’t wait for you to try it for yourself!
It will be our busiest week of the summer as we attend two conferences, giving us more chances to meet with our Customers!
First, the National Career Development Association (NCDA) Global Career Development Conference will be held June 27-29 in Houston. Then we’ll be heading to Boston for the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Annual Conference from June 29-July 2.
At both conferences, we’ll be featuring the Self-Directed Search (SDS). If you’re attending either conference, stop by the SDS booth (#101 at NCDA and #1108 at ASCA) to pick up a FREE SDS sample pack! You can also enter a raffle to win an SDS print kit. We’ll have product samples, and conference attendees will be eligible to take the SDS for free for a limited time. Stop by our booth for details, or just to say hello!
One more thing—we’ll be offering special discounts on any purchases made at the SDS booth during both conferences. You’ll save 15% on your order and we’ll include free ground shipping.
We are getting ready for the imminent release of PARiConnect 3.0. To get ready for the release, here are a few things we’ve added to make your experience even better!
1) A redesigned user interface creates an intuitive and streamlined PARiConnect experience.
2) New search and filter options make it easy to find reports, clients, groups, and more! Sort by client name, client ID, group, report, assessment, or test date range!
3) New e-mail templates offer the ability to save your instructions for further use. No need to write new e-mail text with each assessment, now you can save your work as a template and use it over and over again!
4) New View Responses screen allows you to edit client demographic data prior to generating a report. This is especially helpful if a birth date or a last name was entered incorrectly.
Best of all, you don’t have to do anything to take advantage of the new system. Upon launch, your data and account information will seamlessly transfer to the upgraded platform. Just sign in with your user name and password and you will be taken to the upgraded PARiConnect experience.
PARiConnect 3.0: Coming soon!
The precision behind PARiConnect makes it the most reliable platform in the online assessment industry. But sometimes function can benefit from an injection of grace and style. PARiConnect 3.0 will bring new choreography based on Customer suggestions, including a sleeker design that features a more intuitive interface. This will be the platform you’ll enjoy using.
The all-new PARiConnect 3.0—leaps ahead of the competition.
A group of PAR staff will attend the 17th American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN) Conference this week in Chicago. We will have many of your favorite products on display, including the Neuropsychological Assessment Battery (NAB) and Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function, Second Edition (BRIEF2).
We will also have some of our newest products on hand, including an innovative take on the traditional trail-making task, the Trails-X, and a new measure that assesses executive functioning following concussion, the PostConcussion Executive Inventory.
Make sure to stop by our booth and take advantage of your 15% conference discount (including free shipping and handling) on all purchases, and pick up a free PAR notebook (while supplies last).